The abstract submission deadline has passed. For more information please contact the ETCC Secretariat.
The Scientific Committees are inviting you to actively participate in this congress which will be an extraordinary occasion for the exchange of thoughts and experiences. We look forward to receiving abstracts for consideration and inclusion in the program as oral or poster presentations.
The abstract submission is only possible on-line. Abstracts submitted by fax or mail will not be accepted. Please follow very carefully the instructions before submitting the abstract. Abstracts will be on line for review by the author until the submission deadline, 18 December 2017 (23.59 hrs CET). Submitted abstracts will be treated as confidential and will only be shared to the Scientific Committee’s.
The abstract, should not exceed 3400 characters (approx. one A4 page), incl. spaces and punctuation. The abstract must be written in English and should provide a clear description of the aims, methods and results of the study. Concluding remarks and acknowledgements may be given at the end. Emphasis should be on the technical and/or scientific results of the study.
Graphics, pictures and tables cannot be submitted.
Abstracts can be submitted for one of the following topics. Please note that the Local Scientific Committee reserves the right to determine the final topic.
- New binders technology and chemistry
- New concepts for smart coatings
- Science now… Coatings of the future
- Energy/eco efficient methods: curing and catalysis
- Functional coatings
- Waterborne technology
- Durability and corrosion protection
- Special additives and biocides
- Pigments, colloids and fillers
- Powder coatings
- Performance coatings
- Architectural & construction materials
- Marine coatings
- New methods for production, characterization and testing
- Bio-based, sustainable technologies
- Inks, adhesives and sealants
- Legislation and LCA
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committees and therefore we strongly recommend that you ensure your abstract satisfies the following points.
- Does the abstract capture the interest of a potential reader of the paper?
- Is it well written in terms of language, grammar, etc.?
- Does it engage the reader by telling what the paper is about and why they should read it?
- Does the title describe the subject being written about?
- Does it make a clear statement of the topic of the paper and the research question?
- Does it say how the research was/is being undertaken?
- Does it indicate the value of the findings and to whom will they be of use?
- Does it describe the work to be discussed in the paper?
- Does it give a concise summary of the findings?
- Does it conform to the character limit of 3400 characters including spaces and punctuation?
- Does it have between 1 and 4 keywords that closely reflect the content of the paper?
- Authors who do not follow these guidelines are more likely to have their work rejected.
All abstracts received by the indicated deadline will be evaluated by the Local Scientific Committee and the FATIPEC and CoSI Scientific Committees, based on their technical and/or scientific quality.
Acceptance, together with technical details for presentation (oral or poster), will be notified only to the submitting author by Mid-February, 2018.
Accepted abstracts will be published online and in a paper abstract book. You will be able to download the abstracts yourself from the website. During the submission process you can choose if you would also like to receive a paper copy of the abstract book.
JCT Research – special issue
The presenters giving an oral presentation will be invited to submit their work for publication in a special issue of Journal of Coatings Technology and Research (JCTR) devoted to the content of the ETCC2018 conference. The journal editor will contact the authors and the all process proceeds independently, with no interference or involvement from the ETCC2018 organizing and scientific committees. The submitted papers will be subjected to the conventional peer-review process established for this journal.